
He took me to his bed and there was a snake about two feet and something lying. He took me to his bed and there was a snake about two feet and something lying. It did not budge. The way it appeared, I discerned it was dead.He had killed it, but he did not say anything. Might be it was Russel’s Viper or Sand boe; might be a Mud snake or Rat-snake I knew very little about the snakes that time and I was quite unaware if that was a venomous one or not. To my panic,he told me that it was sneaking out of my pillow, my blood started cuddling fast. He also said smilingly, I was lucky and it was Allah’s compassion that it had not harmed me. He further drew me towards him and compassionately fondling my head he had asked me to recite Ayatul kursi and sleep with no fear with the protection Allah provided. Then my dad hurled away the dead thing and that had landed precisely near my favorite mango tree where it started fading in the shadows of the night.
I was thankful to Allah and retired to bed jam-packed of unfamiliar worries taking root in my heart, stealthily staring every now and again in the direction where the snake set thrown, in nervousness, if any thing would move about towards me, again to harm. Sleep encompassed me little by little, might be after an hour or so everything about me and around me faded into nothingness. I got up next morning more than drained,strangely. While returning from the bathroom my eyes took me to the mango tree, and I saw the dead snake half consumed by the crows the ants and our own hens and cock. The thought that we had all along lived with snakes and venomous reptiles even now makes me terrified.
"Mai ne kabhi zid to nahee kee,par aaj shab
Ae!meh jabeen na ja ki tabeeath udas hai."
"Mai ne kabhi zid to nahee kee,par aaj shab
Ae!meh jabeen na ja ki tabeeath udas hai."
No comments:
Post a Comment