My dad would very strongly allude to a number of accounts from the Quran and Hadees and from the stories of the great people from the history, supporting his argument that the more wealthy and stronger we would grow the far and far away we would be thrown from Allah. I too was then a devout and dedicated student of the Quran and Islamic theology and I had come across several anecdotes very strongly convincing to what my dad had already taught me. My own fervor in this aspect stood like a shield safeguarding me from falling for the worldly wealth and material comfort.
My dad’s teaching that the earnings should be halal was always at the subconscious level. I had hardly any aspirations for lands and buildings and other lofty possessions of the material world. My dad would always tell that there should be three portions to what we spend.
A part must be spent in Allah’s ways the second part to be spent on the blood relations and third for the simple living. Gold and silk and all luxurious show was forbidden. Spending for the improvement of education and knowledge was a must and I had been allocating a small portion every month for this project. My dad had never ever expected anything from anybody much less from his own relatives and the least from his own flesh blood and bones. Really he had lived up to that principle and I love to follow him in all these aspects.
“Alhakumuthakasur hatta zurtumul maqabir kalla sawfa ta’lamoon” the verses from the Holy Book had been perpetually piercing my conscience very stoutly. On top of all things my dad’s idiom would be so intense and the impact it would leave was so strong that I had many a nights implored with tears, to Allah on my lonely bed to get me rid of all the worldly affluence and material comfort and had wept endlessly yearning for an undemanding and for a poor man’s life for ever, so that I could be ever remembering Allah all through my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment